The library aims to support the overall mission of the College by providing up-to-date resources in a variety of formats and to provide quality customer service by well- trained professional staff, all in a physical environment that encourages life-long learning.
The Collection consists of academic books, journals, magazines, research papers, past examination papers, newspaper and current awareness files relevant to the following subject areas:
- Co-operative Studies
- Emergency & Crisis Management
- Environmental Management
- General Education
- Human Resource Management
- Industrial Relations
- Labour Studies
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Occupational Safety & Health
- Project Management
- Security Administration & Management
There is also an easy reading section for more leisurely library use.
The Collection is subdivided into the following main sections:
Books which support the writing and research needs of the students. This collection consists of dictionaries, encyclopedias, laws of Trinidad and Tobago, handbooks, manuals and specially selected books which support the academic requirements of the College. These books are for library use only.
West Indian Collection
This collection covers a range of topics pertaining to the Caribbean.
Copies of core texts which appear on students’ reading lists are held in reserve to ensure their availability. These texts are for library use only. Students are responsible for the purchase of their essential texts.
Open Shelf Collection
This collection contains books which not only support the informational needs of the students, but also the academic mission of the College.
Circulation of Library Materials
The Library is equipped with a modern Library Information System, Alexandria, which automates book processing activities, loan requests, book returns and library registration for new students.
- Books and other library materials may be removed from the Library only when they have been legitimately charged out at the Circulation Desk, and the due date stamped by the member of staff on duty.
- A reader is responsible for any book or other item borrowed in his/her name, until the item is returned at the circulation desk.
- A fine of $1.00 per day per book is levied on all readers who fail to return library material within the prescribed period. The library must be reimbursed for any lost or mutilated material.
- All material loaned will be subject to recall by the Librarian at any time.
- Books can be renewed once either in person or by telephone provided that they are not overdue or placed on hold for another user.
There are PCs available with Microsoft Office Applications and internet which may be used for one hour by students. Users must sign in at the circulation counter and must present their ID before being assigned a computer.
Assignments and other student related work can be saved on a flash drive or diskette and printed at the circulation desk at a cost of $1.00 per page.
Assistance is given in sourcing information in response to a direct query.
Students are guided in finding resources and information relevant to their needs.
Self service photocopying is available at the Library. Students are required to purchase photocopy cards which are available in the following denomination:
- $19 – 30 copies
- $25 -50 copies
- $40 -100 copies
The quoted prices include the one time payment for the card, which can be revalued.
Photocopying is subject to Copyright Laws (The Copyright Act 1997).
The Library is open to all registered students, academic and support staff of the College. Visiting research workers and members of other colleges and universities may be granted reading and reference privileges at the discretion of the Deputy Director Academic Affairs or Librarian in charge. Borrowing by external readers is not permitted.
Library services are available to all students during the following periods except during emergencies:
During the Semester
- Mondays to Fridays: 8:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Saturdays: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
During the Vacation/Breaks
Mondays to Fridays: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Vacation Breaks include the following: Semester Breaks and Easter Break July August Vacation.