The Certificate in Security Administration and Management is designed for those who have completed the Introduction to Security Administration and Management, for supervisory and management personnel in the police service, prisons and special reserve and the Defence Force. Personnel in other branches of the protective services are also welcome.
Credits and Hours
This Certificate in Security Administration and Management programme will consist ofÂ 21 credits over two semesters.
CERTIFICATE 21 Credits
Required Courses Credits
LAW 100 Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Introduction to Civil and Criminal Law 3
COM 101Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Fundamentals of Communication 3
SAM 100 Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Introduction to Security 3
OSH 120 Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Safety Management I 3
LBS 100Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Introduction to Industrial Relations 3
CJT 160 Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Fundamentals of Criminal Investigation 3
SAM 110 Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Principles of Security Administration 3
Total credits required 21
The objectives of this certificate are to:
- Teach contemporary security management theories and principles
- Examine new security administration methods and procedures
- Examine the methods and process of Civil and Criminal Law at an introductory level
- Make participants aware of the human relations aspects of Security Administration and Management
- Effectively communicate within the field
Entry into this programme is for persons who have either of the following:
Successful completion of the Introductory Ten-Week Outreach Programme in Project Management
- 5 GCE/ CXC â€˜Oâ€˜ Level subjects inclusive of Mathematics and English Language
- Persons with acceptable background of training and/or experience in the related field
- PM 120 Fundamentals of Project Management
Full payment of fees is required when registering for classes. Cipriani College is now a participant in GATE – Governmentâ€™s Assistance for Tuition Expenses. The tuition fees listed below apply only to non-nationals. Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago are eligible for free tertiary education. The Board of Governors reserves the right to change tuition and fee charges when necessary without notice. Fees and tuition are not transferable.
For a list of fees, refer to our College Fees as well as Institution Fees.
The Board of Governors reserves the right to change tuition and fee charges when necessary without notice. Fees and tuition are not transferable.