This one-year Certificate programme in Emergency Management is open to persons who have completed the Introductory course in Crisis and Emergency Management and to other individuals who have had an appreciable amount of training and background experience in related fields.
Credits and Hours
This Certificate in Emergency Management programme will consist of 24 credits over two semesters, with 4 courses per semester.
CERTIFICATE 24 Credits
Required Courses Credits
Semester I 12 Credits
COM 101¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Fundamentals of Communication 3
EMM 100 ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Introduction to Emergency Management 3
EMM 110 ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Emergency Operation Policies and Laws 3
EMM 120 ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Response Agency Preparedness 3
Semester 2 12 Credits
EMM 200 ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Public Preparedness and Awareness 3
EMM 210 ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Incident Command System 3
EMM 220 ¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Resource Management and Recovery 3
EMM 230¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬† Leadership in Disaster Preparedness 3
Total Credits Required 24
- Risk managers
- Emergency management profesionals
- Governmental and industrial emergency management planners
- Aspiring emergency management professionals
- Emergency management professionals who need additional skills to prepare for management opportunities
- Conduct hazard anaylsis
- Develop and write disaster plans
- Interpret and apply the laws and policies in emergency management
- Coordinate emergency management operations
- Prepare for and conduct disaster planning meetings
- Advise on the best practices in emergency management
- Conduct pre-planning activities for community reliance
- Implement the Phases of Emergency Management to disaster management needs
- Implement the Principles of Emergency Management in emergencies
- Apply the NIMS to disaster management
- Advise on the operation of EOCs
Full payment of fees is required when registering for classes. Cipriani College is now a participant in GATE – Government‚Äôs Assistance for Tuition Expenses. The tuition fees listed below apply only to non-nationals. Citizens of Trinidad and Tobago are eligible for free tertiary education. The Board of Governors reserves the right to change tuition and fee charges when necessary without notice. Fees and tuition are not transferable.
For a list of fees, refer to our College Fees as well as Institution Fees.
The Board of Governors reserves the right to change tuition and fee charges when necessary without notice. Fees and tuition are not transferable.