The collection focuses on a range of topics which are relevant to the teaching curricula at the College, with special emphasis on Labour-related issues.
Some of the main categories are
- ILO Conventions and Recommendations; these are legal instruments which guide the practice of labour, occupational safety and health, project management and decent work among others;
- ILO periodicals such as International Labour Review, Labour Education and Official Bulletin, Caribbean Affairs, Quarterly Economic Bulletin and Digest of Caribbean Labour Statistics;
- Labour Standards, ILO Conference Reports and Governing Body Documents; these are reports dealing with labour issues that are published by the ILO office in Geneva.
- Country files: these are Caribbean historical files comprising reports, brochures, Acts and labour laws.
- Books in the following subject areas:
– Industrial Relations
– Occupational Safety and Health
– Project Management
– Human Resource Management
– Co-operative Studies
– Gender Studies
– Child Labour
– Social Security
- Compact discs and videotapes in labour studies, occupational safety and health and brochures, pamphlets and handouts on the ILO, HIV AIDS, and child labour are also available.